- PREP TIME: 20 MINS
- COOK TIME: 35 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 55 MINS
Indulge in the classic flavor of Chicken Parmesan with a crispy twist, made right in a cast iron skillet. This dish features tender chicken breast slices topped with melted mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Ingredients: SERVES 8 or leftovers + lunches for the week!
- 4 large chicken breasts (approx 3 – 3.5lb), sliced into 8 pieces lengthwise
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon salt + 1/2 tablespoon salt, per taste
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper + 1/2 table spoon pepper, per taste
- 2 cup grated parmesan cheese + 2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz fresh basil, or large basil plant, cut
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1lb 8 oz crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic from the jar
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into 8 – 12 pieces
- Mix together panko breadcrumbs, 2 cup parmesan cheese, basil, and salt and pepper on a big pie plate.
- In another pie plate or shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and water.
- Place flour on a separate pie plate or plate.
- Coat each chicken slice in flour, then dip in egg mixture, and finally in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken slices for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and crispy. Watch them! 1.5 minute might be OK if stove is hot, watch not to burn
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Mix crushed tomatoes, sauce minced garlic and salt and pepper. Then add 1/2 to the bottom of the skillet (if you use 2 skillets of 4 pieces chicken, then add 1/4 sauce to the bottom).
- Place chicken back in the skillet and top with remaining sauce, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked – you should see the sauce underneath just boiling.
- Serve with a side of pasta, if desired – or a hearty vegetable such as swiss chard, broccolini, or broccoli.
Key Words: Easy Mediterranean Chicken Parmesan, Easy Chicken Parmesan, Chicken Parmesan, Chicken Parmesana
Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis. Its always exciting to read content from other writers and use something from other sites.